Cantaloupe, Prosciutto Arugula Salad
I had this salad for the first time at a Farm to Table outdoor dining experience. It blew my mind that I had to create my take on the recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- 8 oz fresh arugula
- 1/2 cantaloupe halved, seeded, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 6-8 thin slices prosciutto torn into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive or avocado oil
Make the dressing
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallots, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the oil in a slow, steady stream until well incorporated.
- Add in herbs and set aside while you prepare salad.
Make the salad
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula , cantaloupe and red onion.
- Drizzle in ¼ cup of the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Add more dressing depending on your preference.
- Add in the prosciutto and lightly toss.